The first-ever YouTube show ever to be optioned by network television, Everyday Health's Recipe Rehab now airs on ABC affiliates nationwide. The popular show borrows the food makeover conceit of the bestselling book series Eat This, Not That and infuses a dash of the competitive spirit featured in reality cooking shows to create compelling TV and unique content.
Produced by the former Executive Producer of The Biggest Loser, each week on Recipe Rehab two celebrity chefs face off in a head-to-head competition to transform calorie-laden dish, submitted by viewers, into a guilt-free version. Celebrity chefs such as Spike Mendelsohn, Govind Armstrong, and Candice Kumai each create their interpretation of the dish, slashing fat, sodium, and calories in the process. Because the chefs have a maximum time limit of one hour, each of the dishes in this cookbook can be crated in one hour or less-a universal blessing for the home cook who is also short on time.
With 80 delicious recipes accompanied by beautiful 4-color photography, chef's tips, and nutritional information, Recipe Rehab covers the full gamut of a family's eating needs, including:
- Healthy Starts like Stuffed French Toast with "No-tella", Southwestern Breakfast Fritatta, and Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Apps and Snacks such as Bacon-Wrapped Figs, Spinach Dip, and Stuffed Mushrooms
- Carb Makeovers such as Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese, Vegetarian Spaghetti & Meatballs, and Mexican Lasagna
- "No-Junk" Foods like Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Nachos Supreme, and Big Island Burgers
- "Un-Fried" Favorites like Chicken Drumsticks and Biscuits, Fish & Chips, and General Tso's Chicken
- Indulgent Desserts like Peach Cobbler, Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting, and Chocolate Cupcakes
Recipe Rehab will take the good-for-you, soul-satisfying dishes that have made the show a hit and capture them in one, user-friendly book with recipes from celebrity chefs. Readers don't need a culinary degree to create these dishes; just an hour or less, a desire to feed their family well, and a healthy appetite.