Bok choy serves as a peppery alternative to cabbage in this crunchy and creamy slaw. Try it with barbecued chicken.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups very thinly sliced bok choy (1-pound head, trimmed)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, julienned or shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
Whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar (or honey), celery salt and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Add the bok choy, apple, carrot and onion; toss to coat.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
56 calories; 2g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 3mg cholesterol; 272mg sodium; 8g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 2g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.