These are really rich and delicious and will appeal to the "inner child" in everyone.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter, such as Skippy (18 ounces)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam or other jam (18 ounces)
- 2/3 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs and peanut butter and mix until well combined.
3. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
4. Spread two thirds of the dough in the prepared pan, using a knife to spread it evenly. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam.
5. Don't worry if all the jam isn’t covered; the dough will spread when it bakes. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into small squares.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Clarkson Potter 2006. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is*
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .