The pesto dip goes well with Paprika Chips or simple baguette toasts.
- One 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup coarsely ground blanched almonds (4 ounces)
In a food processor or blender, combine the peppers with the cilantro, tomato paste, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, paprika, chili powder and cayenne and pulse until the peppers and cilantro are finely chopped. Scrape down the side of the bowl and process until smooth. Add the almonds and pulse until combined. Transfer the pesto to a bowl and serve.
MAKE AHEAD: The pesto can be refrigerated for up to 2 days
Serving Size = 16 tablespoons
Recipe reprinted by permission of Food and Wine. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
10 calories; 0g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 227mg sodium; 2g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 0g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.