Asian Chicken Skewers
- Active Time 44m
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Slivered zest of 1 orange (all white pith removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken breast, trimmed and cut into approximately 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons bottled hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Soak four 8- or 10-inch bamboo skewers in water to cover. In the bowl of the Instant Marinater, combine the soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, ginger, garlic, orange zest and pepper flakes. Add the cubes of chicken and fit the lid on top securely. Pump out the air with the vacu-vin, and shake the chamber to moisten all the ingredients evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat a broiler, ridged cast iron stovetop griddle or a charcoal or gas grill. With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken cubes from the marinade and scrape away any remaining solid ingredients. Discard the marinade. Thread an equal number of cubes onto each of the skewers and gently pat dry with paper towels. Grill the skewers for 2 minutes on each of all four sides, then transfer to a warm serving platter and brush each skewer with a little of the hoisin sauce. Scatter with cilantro and serve at once.
Recipe created exclusively for Cooking.com by Brigit L. Binns.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close