Pungent and savory black bean-garlic sauce is the secret ingredient in this ultra-quick stir-fry.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pinch of crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- One 14-ounce can mixed stir-fry vegetables, rinsed, or 1 1/2 cups frounceen mixed stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon black bean-garlic sauce (see Ingredient note)
- Ingredient Note: Black bean-garlic sauce: This savory, salty sauce used in Chinese cooking is made from fermented black beans, garlic and rice wine. Found in the Asian-food section of large supermarkets or at Asian markets. Use it in stir-fries and marinades for beef, chicken or tofu.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often, until seared in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the water, cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes for tender-crisp or 6 minutes for tender. Uncover, increase the heat to medium-high, add the stir-fry vegetables and black bean-garlic sauce. Cook, stirring often, until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
59 calories; 2g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 327mg sodium; 10g carbohydrates; 5g fiber; 3g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .