- Turkey Mixture:
- 2 pounds roasted bone-in turkey breast
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, sliced and sautéed
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coconut Lemon Grass Broth:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 stalks lemon grass, cleaned and chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped fine
- 10 ounces fresh gingerroot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 bunches cilantro, well cleaned and chopped
- 2 quarts turkey broth
- 2 quarts half-and-half
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- To Taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wonton Preparation:
- As Needed 3-inch round wonton wrappers
- As Needed egg whites, slightly beaten
- As Needed olive oil
Allow turkey breast to cool; remove skin and bone and discard. Shred roasted turkey into small pieces.
Mix all remaining ingredients together. Cover and chill.
Coconut Lemon Grass Broth:
Place olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onions, garlic and lemon grass. Allow onions to sweat.
Add jalapenos and ginger. Cook for 3 more minutes.
Add cilantro bunches and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally and allowing flavors to blend.
Add stock, cream and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pass through a fine sieve.
Cover and chill if not using immediately.
Place 1 heaping tablespoon turkey mixture in the middle of each wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with egg white. Fold over to the opposite edge, ensuring it is completely sealed.
Heat oil in a sauté pan and add pot stickers, cooking until slightly brown. Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup cold water to the pan, cover and steam over medium heat to ensure the turkey is completely heated. Uncover pan and cook pot stickers just until all the water has evaporated and the pot stickers are re-crisped.
Reheat broth, if needed and ladle 8 ounces broth and 3 pot stickers per dish. Garnish with cilantro leaves floating on top.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close