Asian Turkey Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 2/3 cups soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sake or dry sherry
- 3 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dark roasted sesame oil
- 20 each (5 pounds total) turkey steaks, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 5 cups onion, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 7 cups zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 7 cups yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 cups red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 5 cups button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 1/2 pounds Chinese cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
Blend the soy sauce, sake (or sherry), hoisin sauce, cornstarch, pepper flakes and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat both oils in a large pan or wok. When very hot, add the turkey strips and stir-fry until just cooked. Remove from the pan, set aside, and keep warm.
Add the onion to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and yellow squash. Cook, stirring frequently, for approximately 1 minute. Add the red peppers and mushrooms and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the Chinese cabbage and cooked turkey. Stir briefly and immediately add the soy sauce mixture.
Toss and cook until all the ingredients are coated and the sauce is thickened. Serve on hot plates immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
360 calories; 18g total fat; 75mg cholesterol; 1540mg sodium; 17g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 30g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .