Basil Turkey Burgers with Muenster Cheese and Grilled Vegetables
- For the Turkey Burgers:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup panko or coarse style bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Vegetables:
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin on the bias
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the Mayonnaise:
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound Muenster cheese, sliced thin
- 4 Leaves leaf lettuce
- 8 Thin slices red ripe tomato
- 4 Each Kaiser rolls, split
FOR THE TURKEY BURGERS:
Gently and thoroughly combine ground turkey, basil, onion, eggs, Parmesan, vinegar, bread crumbs, salt and black pepper. Form into 5-ounce patties. Cover and reserve in refrigerator.
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
Toss sliced vegetables in a mixing bowl with oil and salt and pepper.
FOR THE MAYONNAISE:
Combine basil, vinegar and mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
Place sliced vegetables on char-grill. Cook on both sides until tender. Reserve.
Grill turkey burgers on char-grill, turning once until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove to an oven-proof dish.
Assemble grilled eggplant and zucchini on top of turkey burgers.
Top each burger with 2 ounces of Muenster cheese. Melt in preheated broiler.
Toast Kaiser buns on char-grill. Remove to plates and assemble burgers with lettuce and tomato slices. Serve with basil mayonnaise on the side.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close