Beef Braciole Skewers with Bread and Lemons
- Active Time 30m
- Total Time 30m
Makes 12 Servings
Braciole is the Italian name for beef rolls stuffed with cheese and herbs, then sauteed and simmered, or grilled.
- For Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely diced provolone
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1/2 cup for brushing
- For Beef:
- 3 1/4 pounds beef eye of round, cut crosswise into 36 slices (1 1/2 ounces each), and pounded into 6 by 4-inch rectangles
- 3 lemons, halved lengthwise, then thickly sliced crosswise
- 1 baguette, top and bottom crusts cut off, sliced 1-inch thick
- Grilled Lemon Vinaigrette (See Recipe)
Companion recipe: Grilled Lemon Vinaigrette
FOR FILLING: In a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients with 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Mix in 1/3 cup of the oil.
FOR BEEF: Set a slice of beef on a work surface with the long side facing you. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of the filling along the bottom third of the slice. Roll the meat around the filling into a tight log, folding in the sides as you go. Repeat with the remaining meat and filling to make 36 rolls.
TO ASSEMBLE: On each of twelve 12-inch skewers, thread 1 lemon slice, 1 bread slice, 1 lemon slice and 1 beef roll; repeat 2 more times. Generously brush the skewers with the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
TO SERVE: Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Grill or broil the skewers until the bread is crusty brown and the meat is pink in the center, about 2 minutes per side. Serve hot with the Grilled Lemon Vinaigrette. (see recipe)
Recipe reprinted by permission of Food and Wine. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
659 calories; 37g total fat; 75mg cholesterol; 629mg sodium; 45g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 35g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .