A different enchilada.
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 jars (13 1/2 ounces each) salsa verde
- 8 corn tortillas, softened in hot oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar
- 2 cups thinly shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sour cream (optional)
Brown the beef cubes in the oil over medium-high heat in a 2-quart pot.
Pour the salsa verde over the beef cubes. Lower the heat and simmer 30 minutes.
On each plate, place 1 softened tortilla. Spoon 1/4 cup beef sauce over the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onion and 1/4 cup cheese.
Repeat above step and top with 1/2 cup shredded lettuce. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of txbeef.org. All rights reserved.