Beef Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
12 appetizer portions
Chef George Powell's Spicy Satay for an Asian Appetizer.
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), cut against the grain in 1/4-inch slices
- For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup peanut oil
- For the Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
FOR THE BEEF SATAY AND MARINADE:
Thread the sliced roast onto skewers.
Place all the marinade ingredients, except the peanut oil, in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
Through the food chute, slowly drizzle the peanut oil in a slow steady steam, while processing, until all the oil is incorporated.
Place the skewers of beef into the marinade and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
Remove the beef from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill over medium-hot coals to desired doneness, turning once.
FOR THE PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE:
Place all the ingredients in the bowl of food a processor. Process until smooth.
Recipe reprinted by permission of txbeef.org. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close