Adding canned beans to a spicy salsa is an easy way to boost fiber and improve nutritional value. This salsa is also a good accompaniment for burgers or Scrambled Egg Burritos.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 1 cup seeded, diced plum tomatoes (3 to 4 tomatoes)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle in adobo sauce (see Ingredient Note)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Ingredient Note: Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapeños with a fiery taste that are canned in adobo sauce. Look for them in the Hispanic section of large supermarkets and in specialty stores.
Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl; stir to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
83 calories; 2g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 283mg sodium; 11g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 4g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .