Mashed avocado mixed with reduced-fat mayo creates a cool, creamy spread - the perfect counterpoint to the spicy salmon and peppery arugula in this sandwich. Catfish is another tasty choice. Serve with Oven Sweet Potato Fries.
- 1/2 small avocado, pitted (see Tips for Two)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon blackening or Cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 2 portions
- 2 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Tips for Two—Avocado
- Storage: Although browning is inevitable, less browning is possible if you keep the pit in the half you’re storing and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Uses: Mash with reduced-fat mayonnaise and use as a sandwich spread; dice and sprinkle on top of scrambled eggs; toss in salad.
- To oil the grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Preheat the grill to high. Oil the grill rack (see Tip).
Mash together athe vocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl with a fork.
Rub the blackening (or Cajun) seasoning on both sides of salmon. Grill until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread the avocado mixture on the bottom halves of each roll. Top with the salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
431 calories; 16g total fat; 3g total saturated fat; 67mg cholesterol; 756mg sodium; 43g carbohydrates; 6g fiber; 33g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .