- Special Savings
Boozy Berries and Biscuits
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1 nip (2 ounces) Frangelico, Sambuca or Amaretto -- a couple generous shots
- 2 cups heavy cream (eyeball it)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages of anisette toasts, such as Stella D'oro, cut into large bits with a serrated knife
- One 3 1/2 ounce bar bittersweet chocolate, such as Ghirardelli (look for it on the baking aisle)
1. In a bowl, combine the berries with the liqueur of choice. Let the berries sit and macerate while you make dinner. Whip up the cream with the sugar, using a hand mixer, until soft peaks form; reserve the whipped cream in the refrigerator.
2. Once dinner starts winding down, arrange the bits of anisette toasts in a shallow serving dish with sides. Top with the booze-soaked berries, spreading them over the toasts. If the whipped cream has lost some of its air, give it a quick beat with a whisk. Top the berries with the whipped cream. Using a vegetable peeler, shave curls from the side of the chocolate bar, letting them cover the whipped cream.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Random House 2005. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .