- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper hot sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 Mission Life Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 cup Mission Guacamole Flavored Dip
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup picked cilantro leaves
- 12 baby carrots, rinsed
- 12 celery sticks
- 1 cup prepared blue cheese dressing
Preheat a charcoal or indoor grill to medium-high heat.
Place cleaned chicken breasts into a gallon-size zipper storage bag, add the hot sauce and toss; close and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Spray each side of the marinated chicken with nonstick cooking spray; place on preheated grill and cook for 8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Place the cooked chicken onto work surface and allow to cool for a few minutes. Slice each chicken breast into thin strips cutting across the breast.
Warm the tortillas. Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of the guacamole dip on one side from edge to edge.
Lay 5-6 slices of chicken across the middle of each tortilla, top the chicken with 5 strips of green bell pepper, red onion and a tablespoon of cilantro leaves.
Starting at the bottom, roll the tortilla forward to form a cylinder, repeat for the remaining tortillas.
Serve a portion of tacos (two tacos) with 3 baby carrots, 3 celery sticks and a 1/4 cup of blue cheese dressing in a small ramekin.
These colorful tacos contain a number of nutrients that can help to maintain good health including heart healthy lean protein, omega fatty acids and vitamin A.
- Reduce the fat content of this recipe by lightening the avocado topping with low-fat or fat-free ranch dressing.
- Use the pre-roasted whole chickens, and shred the meat for ease of preparation.
- Use your favorite microwavable chicken nuggets and toss these in hot sauce for ease of preparation.
- For another time saving idea; buy pre-cut celery sticks.
Recipe reprinted by permission of 174;. All rights reserved.