- Special Pricing
My assistant Barbara Libath and I know that if we test a recipe during the day and we both go home and make it for dinner, it's a winner. These chicken wings, which are broiled not fried, passed that test. Served with the traditional blue cheese dip and celery sticks, they're delicious!
- For the wings:
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons Frank's Hot Sauce, or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the dip:
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Celery sticks, for serving
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Cut the chicken wings in thirds, cutting between the bones. Discard the wing tips. Melt the butter and add the cayenne, hot sauce and salt. Put the wings on a sheet pan and brush them with the melted butter. Broil them about 3 inches below the heat for 8 minutes. Turn the wings, brush them again with the butter and broil for 4 more minutes, or until cooked.
3. For the dip, place the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until almost smooth.
4. Serve the chicken wings hot or at room temperature with the blue cheese dip and celery sticks.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Clarkson Potter 2002. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .