Cajun Style Red Beans and Rice with Turkey
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mild red beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook rice according to package directions.
Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic; cook 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
Add beans, cumin, salt and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover with lid. Simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in turkey; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Add parsley to rice; mix lightly. Spoon rice onto serving platter and top with bean mixture.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close