What better way to enjoy the season’s harvest than with this traditional Mexican side dish? A savory blend of sweet corn, zesty green chiles, zucchini, melted cheese and a squeeze of fresh lime, calibacitas are a delicious way to bring south of the border flavor to your table.
- 1 tablespoon Henry’s premium butter
- 4 small zucchini, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn kernels (from 2 or 3 ears of corn)
- 1/3 cup roasted green chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Henry’s cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- Half a lime, cut into wedges
Heat butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add zucchini, corn, chiles and onion. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until the zucchini is soft.
Season with salt and pepper. Place in a bowl, sprinkle with cheese, cilantro and a squeeze of lime, and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Henry's Farmers Market. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close