California Chicken Salad
- Active Time 15m
- Total Time 15m
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cooked, diced, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced Swiss cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced, cooked beets
- 1 hard-boiled egg white, diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine or favorite vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh, or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Garnish with cooked crumbled bacon, optional
In a large mixing bowl, toss the lettuce, chicken, Swiss cheese, tomato, Cheddar cheese, beets and egg white.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, chives, tarragon, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Pour in the oil in a thin stream, whisking to combine. Toss together with the salad and, if desired, garnish with the bacon. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Doubleday. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
288 calories; 23g total fat; 47mg cholesterol; 427mg sodium; 3g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 18g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .