Cheesy Earthworm Pasta Bake
Serves 8 to 10
It’s the highlight of any spooky, gruesome feast! A tangle of tapeworms topped with gooey cheese and chunky, bloody sauce. How will your guests be able to resist?
- 1/2 pound organic lasagna, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons Henry’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces pepperoni, quartered (vegetarian or meat)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (12 ounces) organic, chopped tomatoes (Italian spice-style)
- 1 jar Henry’s Organic Pasta Sauce or your favorite
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Henry’s Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut each lasagna sheet lengthwise into six long strands. Place "tapeworm" strands in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes, until soft. Add mushrooms, spinach, pepperoni, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and sauce. Pour over "tape worms."
Mix ricotta with Parmesan cheese, and place dollops over pasta. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pasta. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer (until cheese is golden and bubbling).
Tip: To drain spinach with ease, place thawed spinach in the middle of a clean kitchen towel. Gather towel to form an envelope and wring out the spinach over a sink. Remove "dry" spinach from towel and add to your favorite recipe.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Henry's Farmers Market. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close