- Special Pricing
Chicken Baked in Yogurt Sauce
- Total Time 13h 10m
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh peeled ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups (1 pint) plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, fat removed and split in half to equal 4 pieces
In a cup or small bowl, combine the seasonings, shallots, lemon juice and yogurt.
Pour the mixture into a baking dish and add the chicken breasts, turning them over to coat well with the yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover the chicken and bake for 1 hour.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Doubleday. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
225 calories; 4g total fat; 76mg cholesterol; 165mg sodium; 12g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 34g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .