- For the Stew:
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon each curry powder, salt, pepper, ground cumin and ginger
- For the Biscuits:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cold butter or stick margarine
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the carrots, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Combine the flour, water and wine or broth until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in yogurt, peas and seasonings. Transfer to a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; keep warm.
For biscuits, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in yogurt and parsley. Drop eight mounds over warm chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and stew bubbles around the edges.
Special Offer: Take advantage of a special offer for Cooking.com guests and subscribe today to Taste of Home magazine! Click for details.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Reiman Publications, LLC. &copy; 2002. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close