Chicken, Carrot and Sweet Potato Stew
- Active Time 20m
- Total Time 5h 20m
Serve this full-flavored stew over rice or a bed of sautéed spinach for a hearty, healthy comfort food meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place chicken, sweet potato, carrot, onion, garlic, tomato paste, wine, thyme and bay leaves into slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Put lid on and cook on low about 5 hours or until the carrots are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Cooking.com. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close