Forget canned soup-this is the real thing. And wouldn't we all feel better after eating a bowl? I love having homemade chicken stock in the freezer so I can make this soup in a hurry.
- 1 whole (2 split) chicken breast, bone-in, skin-on
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts homemade chicken stock
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 stalks)
- 1 cup medium-diced carrots (3 carrots)
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin and shred or dice the chicken meat.
3. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot and add the celery, carrots and noodles. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, until the noodles are cooked. Add the cooked chicken meat and parsley and heat through.
4. Season to taste and serve.
I use Goodman's wide egg noodles.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Clarkson Potter 2002. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .