- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cups (10 ounces) fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces grilled skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup (about 1 medium) sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon diced thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked orzo or other small pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Arugula or salad greens and parsley, for garnish (optional)
In a large skillet over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 7 minutes.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine mushrooms with chicken and bell pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic. Toss half of the dressing with the mushroom chicken mixture.
In a large bowl, toss orzo with feta and remaining dressing until well coated.
Spoon orzo onto a serving platter; top with mushroom-chicken mixture. Garnish with arugula or other salad greens and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.