- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cups (10 ounces) fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces grilled skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup (about 1 medium) sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon diced thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked orzo or other small pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Arugula or salad greens and parsley, for garnish (optional)
In a large skillet over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 7 minutes.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine mushrooms with chicken and bell pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic. Toss half of the dressing with the mushroom chicken mixture.
In a large bowl, toss orzo with feta and remaining dressing until well coated.
Spoon orzo onto a serving platter; top with mushroom-chicken mixture. Garnish with arugula or other salad greens and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close