- For the Tangy Raspberry-Orange-Mustard Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 large navel orange, zest grated and juice squeezed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely diced
- 8 cups mixed lettuce such as Boston or Bibb, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberries
Set 4 dinner plates in the refrigerator. In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Spoon 2 tablespoons of dressing into a large skillet and set the rest aside.
Over medium-low heat, add chicken and orange juice to skillet. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover the pan. Cook chicken for 6 minutes, then turn it over and cook for another 6 minutes. Shut off heat, remove lid and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut off tops and bottoms of remaining 3 oranges with a sharp paring knife; peel the oranges, removing all the white pith, and slice into rounds.
In a large bowl, toss the fennel and lettuce with all but 2 tablespoons of the reserved dressing. Divide the lettuce mixture among the 4 chilled dinner plates. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Arrange the chicken, orange sections and onion slices on top of lettuce. Drizzle with remaining dressing, sprinkle with raspberries and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of www.eatchicken.com. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close