- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 stalks lemon grass, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 piece ginger, about 2 inches, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh pineapple chunks, about 1 inch each
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
Place chicken broth in small saucepan. Add lemon grass, ginger and lime zest. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in fish sauce (if using); set aside.
While the chicken broth mixture is simmering, warm vegetable oil over high heat in a large, nonstick skillet or wok. Toss chicken chunks in cornstarch. Add chicken to heated oil in two batches; saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken, place on plate and set aside. Add pineapple chunks to pan and saute quickly, about 2 minutes.
Return chicken to skillet or wok. Pour chicken broth into pan through strainer, separating out lemon grass, ginger and lime zest pieces. Discard these pieces. Stir over high heat until sauce reaches simmer, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 minutes, until sauce has thickened lightly. Add salt. Sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Serve immediately over rice or noodles.
Recipe reprinted by permission of www.eatchicken.com. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close