Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 sprigs fresh sage, divided
- 2 sprigs fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 1 whole chicken (4 pounds), rinsed and cleaned
- 2 stalks celery, rinsed and sliced
- 40 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced and toasted
Place 1 sprig each of thyme, rosemary, sage and Italian parsley in chicken cavity. Place celery in bottom of a slow cooker's stoneware pot. Put chicken on top of celery. Add garlic around chicken. Chop remaining herbs; sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper over chicken. Cover and cook on low setting, 8 to 10 hours or on high setting, 4 to 6 hours. To serve, place chicken, garlic and celery on serving platter. Squeeze roasted garlic out of skins onto toasted French bread slices and spread with a knife.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close