- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds mixed bone-in, skinless chicken parts
- 10 ounces pearl onions, peeled and halved (or use canned or jarred)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups cooked cannelloni or Great Northern beans (or two 19-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoons dried)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or one 14 1/2-ounce can plus 2 tablespoons water)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large nonstick soup pot over high heat, warm the olive oil. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Add pearl onions, carrots, garlic and Canadian bacon; saute until onions are lightly browned. Stir in balsamic vinegar and white wine; bring to a boil and then simmer over medium-low heat until the liquid is reduced by about one third. Stir in beans, rosemary and chicken broth. Bring back to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
Ladle into large bowls and serve with rustic bread and salad.
Recipe reprinted by permission of www.eatchicken.com. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .