Give ordinary roasted sweet potatoes a big flavor boost with this quick, Asian-inspired seasoning mix.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed (and peeled, if desired), cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- Note: Chili-garlic sauce (also labeled chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chilies, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and will keep for up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
Position a rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 450 degrees F.
Combine the oil, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce and white pepper in a large bowl. Add the sweet potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
Spread the potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and browned, 20-25 minutes.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
177 calories; 5g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 348mg sodium; 31g carbohydrates; 5g fiber; 3g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .