Chili Turkey Tortillas
- 1 pound boneless turkey thighs, minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- One 8-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- As needed, lettuce, shredded
- As needed, tomato salsa
- As needed. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- As needed. sour cream
In a large skillet over medium heat, the sauté turkey, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon. Sauté 5 minutes,or until the turkey is no longer pink.
Add the onion and garlic and continue to sauté until the vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
Sprinkle with the chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring throughout.
Stir in the tomatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until a thick sauce has formed. Stir in the cilantro.
Warm the tortillas as directed on the package. Layer the lettuce on tortillas, top with the turkey mixture, salsa, cheese and sour cream.
Fold up the lower edge of the tortilla over the filling and fold in the left and right sides.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close