Chipotle Turkey Sandwich
- Cranberry Chipotle Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 16 ounces jellied whole cranberry sauce
- 3 dehydrated chipotle chilies, stems removed and crushed in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/4 quarts chipotle mayonnaise
- 40 slices sourdough bread
- As needed, lettuce leaves, washed, drained and chilled
- As needed, tomato slices
- 5 pounds roasted turkey breast, sliced thin
- 1 1/4 pounds Swiss cheese, sliced
- 20 large New Mexico green chili peppers
Over medium heat, cook the clarified butter, wine, cranberry sauce and chipotle chilies until the mixture begins to boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir frequently until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
Gradually stir in the brown sugar and continue to stir until the sauce changes to a rich color and thickens to a fruit jelly consistency.
Remove from the heat and refrigerate, uncovered, several hours.
For each sandwich, spread 2 ounces chipotle mayonnaise on 2 slices of bread.
Build the sandwich from the bottom up in the following order: green lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, 4 ounces turkey breast, 1 ounce Swiss cheese, green chili peppers. Top with bread slice.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
1010 calories; 56g total fat; 83mg cholesterol; 2700mg sodium; 83g carbohydrates; 6g fiber; 42g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close