- Special Pricing
Chocolate Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
There's an old saying in baking that the ugliest fruit makes the best desserts, and I completely agree. One man's bruised banana is another man's banana bread. I like to make a loaf of this once a week so I can have a slice with my coffee in the morning or toast a slice for a simple dessert.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, cream the butter until lightened, then beat in the chocolate, eggs, bananas and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined; do not overbeat.
3. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake until a toothpick stuck into the center of the bread comes out almost clean, 50-60 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for at least 15 minutes before unmolding.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Clarkson Potter 2006. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .