- Special Savings
It looks complicated, but all the steps are actually easy, and it will be such a hit. I like to make tiramisu the day before so that the cookies have enough time to absorb all the flavors and the tiramisu has time to set. Tiramisu means "pick-me-up," and boy oh boy will it pick you up.
- One 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- Chocolate Zabaglione, cold (1/2 of the recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups espresso, cold
- 32 Savoiardi (crisp ladyfinger cookies; from two 7-ounce packages)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
Companion recipe: Chocolate Zabaglione
1. In a large bowl, stir the mascarpone cheese two times or just until smooth (do not overmix or the mascarpone will become stiff). In a medium bowl, beat the cream and 1/3 cup of the sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold the sweetened whipped cream into the mascarpone, then fold in the chocolate zabaglione. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Line a 9 1/4 x 5 x 2 3/4-inch metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing the plastic to extend over the sides. In another medium bowl, whisk the espresso and the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar to blend.
3. Working with one cookie at a time, dip 8 cookies into the espresso, and arrange in a single layer side by side over the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon one third of the mascarpone mixture over the cookies to cover. Repeat the dipping and layering of the cookies and remaining mascarpone mixture two more times. Dip the remaining 8 cookies in the espresso and arrange side by side atop the tiramisu. Press lightly to compact slightly (the last layer will extend above the pan sides). Cover the tiramisu with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
4. Unwrap the plastic from atop the tiramisu. Invert the tiramisu onto a platter and remove the plastic. Sift the cocoa over the tiramisu and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Clarkson Potter 2005. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .