- Special Pricing
The traditional zabaglione isn't made with chocolate, but it is served either warm or cold, with fresh berries, as mine is. So why did I add chocolate? To make this something so incredibly rich and special that no one-- absolutely no one-- could resist it. Serve this before asking for a really big favor.
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dry Marsala
- 8 large egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
Companion recipe: Chocolate Tiramisu
1. In a small, heavy saucepan, bring the cream just to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Fill a large saucepan with enough water to come 2 inches up the sides of the pan, and bring to a simmer. In a large metal bowl, whisk the sugar, Marsala, egg yolks and salt to blend. Set the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water (do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water). Whisk the egg mixture constantly until it is thick and creamy and a thermometer inserted into the mixture registers 160 degrees F, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Using a large rubber spatula, fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. (If serving the zabaglione cold, cover and refrigerate it until cold, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day. Do not rewarm).
4. Divide the strawberries among 6 couple dishes. Spoon the warm zabaglione over and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Clarkson Potter 2005. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .