Chopped Turkey and Peanut Pitas
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 tomato, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 whole wheat (8-inch diameter) pita breads, cut in half
In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, apple juice, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion. Fold in the peanut butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 hour to chill.
To serve, spoon 1/2 cup turkey mixture into each pita half.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
465 calories; 14g total fat; 54mg cholesterol; 907mg sodium; 56g carbohydrates; 34g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close