Cold and Spicy Mushroom Noodles
- For the Noodles:
- 8 ounces fine or medium egg noodles
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus*, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- Cold and Spicy Sauce (recipe follows)
- For the Cold and Spicy Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- *Other seasonal vegetables may be substituted such as snow peas, green beans or broccoli.
FOR THE NOODLES:
In 2- to 3- quart saucepan, cook noodles in boiling water until done, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain; cover with cold water until ready to use. Saute asparagus in oil until just tender. Add mushrooms; toss. Chill. In large bowl, combine noodles, vegetables and sauce; arrange on platter. Garnish with green onions.
FOR THE COLD AND SPICY SAUCE:
In container of electric blender, combine vegetable oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, sugar, and chili flakes. Blend for 1 minute.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close