- Special Pricing
Colorful Couscous Salad with Chicken
This exotic salad is a delicious way to experience couscous. Couscous is made from refined durum wheat and looks like tiny grains. It is often used in North African cuisine. If you don't eat every last morsel, try the leftovers cold for lunch the next day.
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups Wild Oats Organic Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Wild Oats Organic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 organic green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 organic red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 organic green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh black olives, pitted, for garnish
Prepare couscous following package directions, using chicken broth for liquid. Drain and set aside.
Combine wine, olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon cumin and garlic together in a large skillet. Add chicken, then simmer over low heat until the liquid has evaporated and chicken juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Transfer cooked chicken to a large bowl and add remaining tablespoon lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon cumin, bell peppers, green onions and couscous. Toss mixture well, and garnish each serving with a few black olives.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Wild Oats Natural Marketplace. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .