- 10 sliced of 12 grain bread, crusts removed
- 1 pound grated Swiss cheese
- 2 cups crab meat, shells removed
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons salt
- White pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of semi sweet white wine
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
- Paprika or parsley (for garnish)
Line bottom of a greased 12 inch baking dish with half the bread, covering the entire bottom. Layer cheese then crab meat and onion and cover with remaining bread.
Mix egg, wine, milk, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Pour over top layer of bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night. Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour. Garnish with paprika or dry or fresh parsley.
Recipe reprinted by permission of <I>Peninsula House, MD<. All rights reserved.