- Special Pricing
- Active Time 20m
- Total Time 35m
Crabmeat is the star in these delicately seasoned cakes.
- 1 large egg white
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, fresh or frounceen and thawed picked over and patted dry
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 scallion, trimmed and minced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Tip: To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice of bread makes about 1/3 cup crumbs.
Stir the egg white briskly with a fork. Add the crabmeat, fresh breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, scallions, red and green bell peppers, parsley, Old Bay seasoning and pepper; mix well.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Put the dry breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Form the crab mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Lay each patty in the dry breadcrumbs, and then turn each to coat them well on all sides. Pat the crab cakes firmly into rounds and then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Preheat the broiler. Broil the crab cakes until nicely browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn them gently and broil until heated through and browned, 4 to 5 minutes longer. Serve hot, with lemon wedges.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
154 calories; 3g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 60mg cholesterol; 511mg sodium; 14g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 17g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .