Cranberry Chicken Stir-Fry with Ginger
- Active Time 20m
- Total Time 20m
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced into julienne strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (about 3 ounces each), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 green onions (scallions), diagonally sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts, or sliced green or red bell pepper or carrot strips
- For Garnish:
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 red chile, sliced
- Oil for frying
Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and stir-fry the shallots, ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Add the hoisin, oyster and soy sauces and the cranberries and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked all the way through, then add the green onions and beansprouts or other vegetables, if using, and toss together for 3 to 4 minutes.
In a small saucepan containing 1/2 inch of oil, deep fry the basil leaves and red chile in two batches for 10 to 30 seconds until crisp. Use the basil and chili as a garnish for the stir-fry.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Hamlyn. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
255 calories; 11g total fat; 50mg cholesterol; 475mg sodium; 16g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 25g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close