Creamy Blue Cheese Rice with Spinach and Walnuts
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup water
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, undrained
- One 4-ounce package crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted*
- Note: *To toast walnuts, spread nuts on small baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Heat the cream cheese and water in large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the spinach, blue cheese, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add the rice; cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the walnuts.
Recipe reprinted by permission of USA Rice Federation. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
282 calories; 19g total fat; 42mg cholesterol; 680mg sodium; 20g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 10g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close