- Special Savings
Here we flavor plain gelatin with 100 percent cherry juice, and stir in creamy yogurt and fresh cherries to make a special treat. Experiment with other fruit juice and fruit combinations.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- 2 cups unsweetened 100% black cherry juice, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons superfine sugar (see Note)
- One 6-ounce container (2/3 cup) nonfat cherry or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup halved or chopped pitted fresh cherries or thawed and drained frounceen cherries
- Note: Superfine sugar dissolves instantly in liquid. It is commonly available in the baking section of most supermarkets, but if you can’t find it, simply process regular granulated sugar in a food processor or clean coffee grinder until very fine.
Place 1/2 cup cherry juice in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and let stand for 1 minute. Bring the remaining 1 1/2 cups cherry juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Add to the gelatin mixture along with sugar to taste and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved. Whisk in the yogurt until combined. Divide among 4 small dishes or ramekins. Stir 1/4 cup cherries into each portion. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
133 calories; 0g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 1mg cholesterol; 29mg sodium; 30g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 3g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .