These baked chicken drumsticks are crispy-crunchy outside and succulent and juicy inside. Serve with sweet potato fries and spinach salad.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the sauce (Step 4) for up to 3 days.
- For Crispy Baked Drumsticks with Honey-Mustard Sauce:
- 2/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds total), skin removed, trimmed
- For Honey-Mustard Sauce:
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Note: To make your own breadcrumbs, trim crusts from whole-wheat bread. Tear bread into pieces and process in a food processor until very fine. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 250°F until dry, about 10-15 minutes. One slice of bread makes about 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs.
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set it on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Mix the breadcrumbs, paprika, onion powder and salt in a shallow dish. Drizzle with oil and mash with a fork until the oil is thoroughly incorporated. Lightly beat the egg with a fork in another shallow dish. Dip the drumsticks into the egg, then press into the breading mixture until evenly coated on both sides. (Discard any remaining mixture and/or egg). Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
Bake the chicken until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a drumstick without touching bone registers 165 degrees F, 25-30 minutes.
To prepare sauce: Combine the yogurt, mustard, honey and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the sauce with the drumsticks.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
299 calories; 11g total fat; 2g total saturated fat; 131mg cholesterol; 510mg sodium; 20g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 29g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .