Crispy Ginger-and-Garlic Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
4 to 5 servings
- 1/2 cup peeled and finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger root
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves, washed, dried and chilled to a crisp
- As needed, hoisin sauce
- As needed, sliced green onions and carrots for garnishes
Cook the carrots in 1/2 cup simmering water in a large nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes, or until the carrots are softened and the water is evaporated. Remove from the skillet.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the turkey to the skillet and cook, about 5 minutes, stirring until the turkey crumbles and is no longer pink.
Add the carrots, mushrooms and next 8 ingredients. Increase the heat to medium high, and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
Add the green onion and stir-fry another 1 minute.
Spoon the warm mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves and roll up tightly.
Serve with hoisin sauce and garnish with additional green onions and carrots.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close