Cuban Turkey Panini
- 2 pounds turkey breast, boneless
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt (kosher or coarse sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Two 15-inch Cuban bread loaves
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 8 ounces turkey ham, thinly sliced
- As needed, dill pickle spears
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- As needed, vegetable cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Make thin slits over the turkey breast surface, about 1 inch apart. Insert the garlic slices into each slit and pinch the slits closed. Brush the turkey with the oil.
In a small bowl, combine the cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper together. Rub the turkey with the mixture.
Roast on a rack in a shallow pan in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F, 50 to 60 minutes.
Let the turkey rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
When the turkey has cooled, cut into thin 1/8-inch slices.
Slice the loaves horizontally to open. Spread a thin layer of mustard on the top and bottom halves of the bread. Arrange cooled sliced turkey, turkey ham, pickle slices and Swiss cheese evenly over the bread.
Cover the sandwiches with the top halves of the bread. Press firmly to flatten the sandwich. Cut each loaf into 4 sections.
To order: Grill sandwiches in a hot buttered sandwich press until flat, bread is browned and cheese has melted.
Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close