- Special Pricing
Curried Chicken and Pasta Salad
- Active Time 25m
- Total Time 25m
This crowd-pleasing pasta salad is potluck-perfect for barbecue season.
- 12 ounces large whole-wheat pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds (1/2 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder preferably Madras
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into 1-inch pieces (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (4 scallions)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Tip: To poach chicken breasts: Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a medium skillet or saucepan and add lightly salted water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10-12 minutes.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
Toast the almonds in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Return the pan to the stovetop and add the curry powder. Toast, stirring constantly, over low heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the mayonnaise, yogurt, chutney, turmeric, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
Combine the chicken, raisins, scallions, celery and the reserved pasta in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt, pepper and cayenne. Garnish with the toasted almonds.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
439 calories; 8g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 41mg cholesterol; 515mg sodium; 69g carbohydrates; 7g fiber; 24g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .