Deep-Dish Mediterranean Turkey Pizza
- 1 can (10 ounces) refrigerated ready-made pizza crust
- As needed vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound turkey cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup minced sundried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel/zest
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mouncezarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe black olives, well drained
Roll pizza dough into circle approximately 10 inches in diameter. Spray a (9-inch diameter) round cake pan with vegetable oil. Press dough to cover bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of pan. To prevent bubbling of the crust, prick bottom of pizza dough all over with tines of fork.
Bake dough in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly golden.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. sauté turkey, garlic and onion in oil 3 to 4 minutes until onion is soft. Add zucchini and squash and cook 2 to 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
Stir in plum and sundried tomatoes, oregano, basil and lemon peel. Remove from heat and set aside.
Sprinkle pizza crust with half of cheese and top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese and olives over turkey mixture.
Return pizza to oven and continue to bake pizza 4 to 6 minutes until cheese melts.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
520 calories; 21g total fat; 105mg cholesterol; 720mg sodium; 41g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 45g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .