A hard-boiled egg is a protein-packed snack on its own—give it a little more pizzazz with a bit of mayo and mustard on top.
- 1 teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 large hard-boiled egg (see Tip), peeled
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cut the egg in half and dollop the mayonnaise mixture on top.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
91 calories; 6g total fat; 2g total saturated fat; 213mg cholesterol; 414mg sodium; 2g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 6g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is*
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .